Varicose veins in younger people are on the rise. But there are a few things you can do to prevent or delay the onset of bulging and painful varicose or spider veins. And if you already have varicose veins, these tips will help you manage them until you can be evaluated for treatment.
- Keep your weight within your ideal range
- At work, take stairs rather than an elevator, go for a short walk to keep the calf muscle pump active throughout the day
- If your job involves a lot of standing be sure to wear at least 20-30 mm compression knee-length hose and take a break and sit for a few minutes every hour
- Don’t lift heavy objects especially from the floor as this maneuver can damage delicate valves in the leg veins that predisposes to bulging veins
- If you are a body builder, excessive and frequent weight lifting can also damage the leg veins
- During pregnancy, wear compression hose especially designed for support since multiple pregnancies also wreak havoc on veins
Receive a discount coupon for compression hose at Vein Specialties by providing your email address: